Monday, August 4, 2008

PBEM: Vassal + Special Forces

So far, Vassal has been the big success to get my daily gaming fix. Its relatively easy to setup once you get the hang of it.

I think the Battle Cry module is well written and has a relatively simple interface. It helps that the rules are basically UGO/IGO which makes it easy to adapt for PBEM.

We've finished 2 games in the last 2 weeks and are starting the third game.

I also looked at DVG's special forces vassal module. I like the module clean looks,the design and the setting:modern day squad combat.

The module has good clean graphics. The rules look pretty straightforward with a simple one die resolution system. I'm not sure how well it will play PBEM because there is a reactive element to the play.

My other problem is the price tag at $10.00. It looks like you need two registered ids to play the game which puts it at $20.00 for 2 gamers. Its hard to say if its worth $20.00 for a virtual game with roughly 5 scenarios.

Maybe I'll look at it again later.

No comments: