Sunday, July 27, 2008

Solo Gaming

On a related note, if you don't have time for gaming with others, you start to look at what systems are great for solo gaming.

Obviously, computer games are great for solo gaming but I want a ruleset that I had more control to tweak to my personal tastes.

Two rulesets that look to be good for solo gaming are:
* A Song of Blades and Heroes
* Two Hour Wargames

Both systems are similar in that the behavior of your opponent can be unexpectedly. Song of Blades and Heroes is the simpler ruleset to grasp. However, the more I look at Two Hour Wargames, I realize it has alot of depth and can be excellent for solo gaming.

A Song of Blades and Heroes(SBH) has a low entry price of $4 for the basic set.
Two Hour Wargames has free demos. If you join the yahoo site, you can download a complete copy of Mayhem:Warrior Heroes. This is a skirmish fantasy ruleset with magic.

My opinion is that Two Hour wargames is the more polished product between the two systems as SBH has been around for six years. One of the highlights of Two Hour Wargames is its Zombie game All Things Zombie.

No comments: